Use this recipe when making our Mussels Remoulade or other shellfish dishes.
- Yield: Makes about 2 cups
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August/September 1992
- 1 large egg
- 2 large egg yolks
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 cup light olive oil
- 1-2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3/4 cup light vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon capers, washed, dried, and chopped
- 2 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh tarragon
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- 1 tablespoon chopped shallots
Place egg, yolks, salt, sugar, and pepper in the bowl of a food processor fitted with the plastic blade. Process until well blended.
With the machine running, add olive oil, dribbling slowly. Add 1 tablespoon lemon juice, then dribble in vegetable oil. Taste for seasonings, adding more lemon juice, salt, or pepper if needed.
Stir in capers, mustard, herbs, and shallots and serve immediately. (The sauce can also be made ahead and refrigerated in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)