- 4 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded, and roughly chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 3 cups Homemade Chicken Stock, Homemade Vegetable Stock or low-sodium, canned
- 2 cups sour cream
- 2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- Chopped tomatoes, for garnish (optional)
- Chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley, for garnish (optional)
- Thinly sliced scallions, for garnish (optional)
- Coarsely chopped walnuts, for garnish (optional)
- Chopped hard-boiled eggs, for garnish (optional)
- Freshly grated sharp white cheddar cheese, for garnish (optional)
In the jar of a blender, combine 2 cucumbers, 1 clove garlic, and 1/2 cup stock. Blend until smooth. Transfer to a large bowl. Blend the remaining 2 cucumbers, clove of garlic, and 1/2 cup stock until smooth; add to bowl.
Whisk in the remaining 2 cups stock and the sour cream, salt, and lemon juice. Cover, and chill in refrigerator for at least 1 hour and up to 4 hours. Place tomatoes, parsley, scallions, walnuts, eggs, and cheese in separate bowls. Ladle soup into bowls, and garnish with desired condiments.
SourceMartha Stewart Living Television