Spicy Coconut Dressing
The heat of red chile is offset by creamy coconut milk for a perfect balance of spicy and sweet. Try it over a shrimp-studded salad.
Photography: Johnny Miller
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2011
- 1/2 cup low-fat coconut milk
- 1 seeded and thinly sliced small fresh red chile, such as Thai or serrano
- 1 thinly sliced scallion
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon thinly sliced fresh mint
- 2 teaspoons safflower oil
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
Shake together coconut milk, chile, scallion, lime juice, mint, oil, and salt.