Chicken Salad Sandwich
Some classics are best left as is, like this perfect chicken salad recipe from "Mad Hungry," by Lucinda Scala Quinn.
- Servings: 6
Source: Mad Hungry, September 2010
- 2 cups chopped or shredded cooked chicken
- 1/2 cup chopped celery
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1/3 cup mayonnaise, or to taste
- 3 teaspoons unsalted butter, softened
- 12 slices whole-grain bread
- 6 romaine lettuce leaves, cleaned, patted dry, and chilled
In a medium bowl, stir together the chicken, celery, parsley, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Stir in the mayonnaise, little by little, to achieve the desired consistency. The chicken salad can be kept, refrigerated, for 1 day.
Spread butter on each slice of bread. Sandwich with chicken salad and a leaf of lettuce. Serve with salty potato chips.