- Servings: 2
Photography: Anna Williams
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 2003
- 3 cups coarse salt, or gros sel de mer
- 6 fresh oysters, top shells discarded
- 2 tablespoons fine breadcrumbs
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon finely chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 slices bacon, cooked and diced
- Lemon wedges, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Spread salt in a shallow baking dish. Nestle oysters in their bottom shells in the salt.
In a bowl, combine breadcrumbs, mustard, parsley, and butter; season with pepper. Sprinkle 1 teaspoon mixture on each oyster; top with bacon pieces.
Bake until oysters curl and topping browns, 10 to 12 minutes. Serve immediately with lemon wedges.