Pavlova with Vanilla-Poached Oranges
A snowy pavlova is topped with vanilla-poached orange slices.
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Living, December 2006
- 6 large egg whites, room temperature
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon distilled white vinegar
- Pinch of salt
- 1 1/4 cups superfine sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Creme Fraiche Filling for Pavlova with Vanilla-Poached Oranges
- Vanilla-Poached Oranges
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper; set aside. Put egg whites, cornstarch, vinegar, and salt into the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment. Beat until foamy. Gradually add sugar; beat until stiff peaks form. Beat in vanilla.
Spread meringue into a 10-inch round (2 inches high) on prepared sheet. Bake 10 minutes. Reduce heat to 200 degrees; bake until firm, 40 to 50 minutes. Turn off oven; let pavlova dry in oven overnight.
To serve, spread filling over pavlova, and top with drained oranges.