Parsley, Mint, and Quinoa Salad
Serve this refreshing salad with tangy Greek yogurt, and scoop it all up with homemade pita chips.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 6
Photography: Katie Quinn Davies
Source: Martha Stewart Living, April 2011
- 2 cups flat-leaf parsley leaves
- 2 cups mint leaves
- 3/4 cup cooked quinoa (from about 1/2 cup dry)
- 1 tablespoon finely grated lemon zest, plus fresh lemon juice
- Extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt
- 3 whole-wheat pitas
- 2 garlic cloves, halved
- 1 1/2 cups reduced-fat (2 percent) plain Greek yogurt
- Crushed red-pepper flakes and fleur de sel, for sprinkling
Toss together parsley, mint, quinoa, and zest in a bowl. Dress with oil, lemon juice, and coarse salt. Toss to coat.
Preheat broiler. Heat pitas until toasted, then rub with cut sides of garlic and brush with oil. Cut into wedges.
Mound yogurt on a platter. Drizzle generously with oil, and sprinkle with red-pepper flakes and fleur de sel. Serve salad with yogurt and pita chips.