Arugula Salad with Radishes and Caper Vinaigrette
Briny capers infuse this lemony vinaigrette. When tossed with a mix of bitter arugula and radishes, the salad symbolizes one of the traditional elements on the seder plate.
- 1 tablespoon drained capers, rinsed and coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 1/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 ounces baby arugula (8 cups)
- 1 cup celery leaves
- 1 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 cup thinly sliced radishes (about 4)
- 2 thinly sliced scallions
Whisk together capers, lemon juice, salt, and pepper. Gradually add olive oil, whisking constantly. Combine arugula, celery leaves, parsley, radishes, and scallions in a large bowl. Pour vinaigrette over salad, and toss to coat. Drizzle with additional oil and lemon juice if desired. Season with salt and pepper.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, April 2011