Roasted Broccoli with Garlic and Chile
This is a flavorful side dish that goes well with roasted chicken, seared steak, or fish.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, March 2010
- 1 head broccoli (about 1 1/2 pounds), cut into long florets
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 5 garlic cloves (skin on)
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1 to 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss together broccoli, olive oil, garlic, and red-pepper flakes. Season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Roast until broccoli is browned and tender, about 20 minutes, stirring halfway through. Toss with fresh lemon juice.