Roasted Spiced Acorn Squash
Cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper complement sweet roasted acorn squash in this easy side dish. Try it with Roasted Pork with Onions and Citrus or Parmesan risotto.
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2010
- 1 acorn squash, halved, seeded, and cut into 1-inch wedges
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Preheat oven to 425 degrees. On a large rimmed baking sheet, toss squash with extra-virgin olive oil and season with salt, pepper, cumin, coriander, and cayenne pepper. Arrange squash, cut side down, in a single layer and roast until tender, 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.