Tomato and Roasted Red Pepper Salad
Fresh tomatoes and roasted red peppers are tossed in an almond and sherry vinegar dressing to create this side salad. Instead of roasting the peppers, use store-bought jarred peppers.
- 3 ounces crusty bread, torn into bite-size pieces (2 cups)
- 2 teaspoons plus 3 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil (for toasting of bread)
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons coarsely chopped natural almonds
- 2 medium tomatoes, cored and cut into 1/2-inch wedges
- 2 roasted red bell peppers, cut into 1/2-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh parsley leaves
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. On a rimmed baking sheet, toss bread with 2 teaspoons oil and season with salt and pepper. Spread bread in a single layer and bake until golden brown, about 7 minutes. In a large bowl, combine remaining 3 teaspoons oil, sherry vinegar, garlic, and almonds. Season with salt and pepper and stir to combine. Add tomatoes, roasted peppers, parsley, and toasted bread. Toss to combine.