- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 11 ounces best-quality semi-sweet chocolate, coarsely chopped
- 3 large eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa
- 1/8 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts, (optional)
- Nonstick cooking spray
- Mrs. Milman's Chocolate Frosting
Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a 12-count muffin tin with cupcake liners, and spray generously with nonstick cooking spray. Set aside.
In a saucepan over low heat, melt the butter and 8 ounces of chocolate. Stir until smooth. Remove from heat, and set aside.
In a large bowl, whisk together eggs and sugar. Add flour, cocoa, and baking soda. Stir in the melted chocolate until combined. Stir in remaining 3 ounces of chocolate and nuts if desired.
Using a 2-ounce ice cream scoop, fill cupcake liners 3/4 full with batter. Bake until a firm crust forms on the cupcakes, about 20 minutes. Remove to a wire rack to cool, about 10 minutes. Remove cupcakes from pan, and continue to cool on a wire rack.
Ice cupcakes with a generous amount of chocolate frosting.