Spinach and Artichoke Dip
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1/2 small onion, finely chopped
- 1/2 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 (14-ounce) can artichoke hearts, drained and chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine
- 1 (10-ounce) package frozen spinach, thawed and drained
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise
- 4 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/3 cup chopped canned hearts of palm
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 teaspoon coarse salt
- 1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- Dash of hot sauce, such as Frank's
- Assorted crudite, for serving (optional)
- Flatbreads or toasted baguette slices, for serving (optional)
Heat oil and red pepper flakes in a medium skillet over medium heat. Add onion, shallot, and garlic; cook, stirring, until soft and translucent, about 5 minutes. Add artichokes and cook, stirring, about 2 minutes more.
Add wine to deglaze and let cook until liquid is reduced by half. Add spinach and cook, stirring, until heated through and well combined, 2 to 3 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, mix together sour cream, mayonnaise, and cream cheese until well combined. With the mixer on low, add hearts of palm, parsley, cheese, salt, pepper, and hot sauce; mix until well combined. Fold in 3/4 cup of the cooled spinach and artichoke mixture, reserving any remaining for another use. Transfer dip to refrigerator until chilled about 2 hours and up to two weeks; serve with crudite, flatbreads, or baguette slices.