This olive salad from Sean Rembold of Marlow and Sons is used in his recipe for a Muffaletta Panini.
- Yield: Makes enough for 2 sandwiches
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, March 2009
- 1/4 pound oil-cured black olives, pitted and chopped
- 3/4 pound green olives, preferably lucques, pitted and chopped
- 2 salt-packed anchovy fillets (optional), chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped pickled red peppers
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup red-wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sliced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1/4 cup fresh oregano, sliced
- 1 tablespoon picked fresh thyme
- Hot sauce, such as Tabasco
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
In a medium-size bowl, mix together both olives, anchovies, red pepper, and lemon juice. In a small bowl, whisk together oil and vinegar. Pour over olive mixture and add oregano, thyme, and parsley; toss to combine. Season with Tabasco, salt, and pepper. Cover and transfer to refrigerator; chill overnight before using.