Conversation Cookie Hearts
Express sweet sentiment this Valentine's Day with colorful conversation cookie hearts from in-house stylist Dani Fiore. They're perfect for sending messages tailored to friends, family, or that special someone. Download the Conversation Cookie Template
- Yield: Makes one cookie
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, February 2010
- 1 (1-pound) package white fondant
- Royal Icing for Lovebug and One-Piece Cookies
- Bright-red or bright-pink gel-paste food coloring
- 1 (6-inch) fluted Heart-Shaped Sugar Cookie Cutouts
- Red or pink sanding sugar (optional)
- White gel-paste food coloring
- Red, pink, or white candy-coated chocolates, mini marshmallows, gumdrops, or Red Hots
On a clean surface, roll out fondant. Using small letter-shaped cookie cutters, cut out desired letters; set aside until dried, about 10 minutes.
Meanwhile, mix together half of the royal icing with the red or pink food coloring until desired shade is reached. Transfer to a small squirt bottle with a wide tip. Leaving 1/4-inch border, outline the heart shaped cookie with colored icing. Draw several zigzags across entire surface of the outlined area. If necessary, use a toothpick to spread evenly. Add letters and sprinkle with sanding sugar, if desired. Let dry.
Mix together remaining royal icing with white food coloring. Transfer to a small squirt bottle. Outline colored area of heart with white icing. Add candy-coated chocolates, mini marshmallows, gumdrops, or Red Hots. Let dry.