Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
Use very ripe bananas for moist cookies with lots of banana flavor.
- Yield: Makes about 16 cookies
Source: Mad Hungry, March 2011
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 8 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 6 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 6 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 very ripe banana, slightly mashed
- 3/4 cup semisweet chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 375 degrees Fahrenheit. Butter or line 2 baking sheets.
Whisk together the flour, baking soda, and salt.
In a large bowl, beat together butter, sugars, egg, and vanilla. Add the flour mixture and stir to combine. Mix in the banana and chocolate chips until just combined.
Drop by the tablespoons onto the baking sheet, spacing dough an inch apart. Bake for 10-12 minutes, until lightly golden brown. Remove to cooling racks.