Crunchy Fennel Orange Salad
A dash of cayenne pepper in the vinaigrette gives this brightly flavored salad a little kick.
- 1 fennel bulb, trimmed and thinly sliced crosswise
- 4 celery stalks, peeled and thinly sliced on the bias
- 1 bunch radishes, about 5, thinly sliced
- 1 orange, peeled and sectioned (working over a bowl to save the juice)
- 1/4 cup sherry vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- Pinch of sugar
- Pinch of cayenne pepper
In a salad bowl, toss together the fennel, celery, radishes, and orange segments.
Whisk together the orange juice, sherry vinegar, olive oil, salt, sugar, and cayenne. Pour over the salad and toss to combine. Serve, or cover and store in the fridge until ready to serve.
SourceMad Hungry, March 2011