Meal-in-One Cast Iron Pork Chops
Swirling butter into the pan sauce of the savory-sweet pork chops makes smoother and richer.
- Yield: Serves 4
Source: Mad Hungry, April 2011
- 4 pork chops, 1 inch thick (about 3 pounds)
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 anchovy fillets
- 1/2 cup white wine
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 bunch broccoli rabe (1 pound) trimmed and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter (optional)
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Heat a 12-inch cast iron skillet over high heat. Salt and pepper the chops on both sides. Swirl in olive oil and add chops to the skillet. Sear both sides, about 3 minutes each, to brown. Add anchovies to the center of the pan and allow them to melt.
Deglaze the pan with wine. Add the chicken stock, broccoli rabe, and raisins to the pan. Transfer to the oven. Cook until the chops register 140 degrees on an instant-read thermometer, 10 to 12 minutes. Remove the chops and broccoli rabe to a serving platter.
Optional pan sauce: Return pan to stovetop and reduce by half. Swirl in butter and pour over chops.