Perciatelli with Zucchini and Breadcrumbs
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 pound perciatelli pasta
- 2 cups fresh Italian bread cubes
- 1/3 cup plus 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 pound baby zucchini, trimmed and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup flat-leaf parsley leaves, coarsely chopped
- 1/3 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add pasta, and cook according to the package directions.
Add bread to a food processor and pulse until coarse crumbs form. Remove, and set aside. In a large heatproof skillet, heat 2 tablespoons oil over medium-high heat. Add garlic, and cook until fragrant, about 1 minute. Stir in breadcrumbs, and season with salt and pepper. Transfer skillet to oven, and bake until golden brown.
In another large skillet, heat remaining 1/3 cup oil over medium-high heat. Add zucchini, and butter. Cook until just beginning to turn golden brown.
Drain pasta, and transfer to a large shallow bowl. Sprinkle with parsley and Parmesan; toss to combine. Using a slotted spoon, transfer zucchini to pasta, adding as much of the oil as desired. Top with toasted breadcrumbs, and serve immediately.