Some people like only mayonnaise or melted butter on their lobster rolls, but we love the added flavor that fresh herbs provide.
- Servings: 8
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July 2004
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked, shelled lobster meat (about four 1 1/2-pound lobsters), chopped into 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh chives (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon finely chopped fresh tarragon or chervil (optional)
- 1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice (or to taste)
- Coarse or sea salt
- Freshly ground pepper
- 8 top-split hot-dog buns
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted, for rolls
Stir together lobster and mayonnaise. Stir in chives and tarragon (if desired), and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, while preparing rolls, or up to 2 hours.
Heat a large heavy skillet or griddle over medium heat until hot. Lightly brush outside of buns with butter; transfer to skillet. Cook, turning once, until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side.
Spoon about 1/2 cup lobster mixture into each bun. Serve immediately.