Martha shows how to make a baked potato, No. 8 in our 20 More Things Everyone Should Know.
- 4 large russet potatoes, washed
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- Unsalted butter, for serving
- Cooked broccoli, for serving
- Sour cream, for serving
- Freshly grated cheddar cheese, for serving
- Finely chopped chives, for serving
Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Insert a metal skewer lengthwise through the center of each potato. Place on baking sheet and bake until tender when pierced with the tip of a knife, about 1 hour.
Remove from oven and break open by smashing on counter, or breaking in half. Top with desired toppings, and serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, November Fall 2007