Decorate Easter eggs with bold, modern designs using decoupage, an artistic technique in which what appears to be a painted design is actually paper, glued in place.
Tools and Materials
- Clip art, craft punches and vintage wallpaper, or Dresden trim
- Scissors or craft knife
- White glue
- Fine artist's brush
- Blown eggs
Decoupage Eggs How-To
1. Create decoupage paper pieces in one of three ways:
- Print out clip art from MarthaStewart.com or scan and print out vintage Easter postcards. Cut out shapes with scissors or craft knife.
- Use craft punches to punch shapes out of vintage wallpaper.
- Cut pieces out of paper Dresden trim.
2. Using a fine artist's brush, apply white glue to back of paper pieces and adhere directly to egg.
Paper Dresden trim available from Castle in the Air. Craft punches from Martha Stewart Crafts. Vintage wallpaper available from Second Hand Rose. Blown eggs available from The Eggery Place. Alternately, blow out your own eggs with this how-to.