Lamb and Cucumber Kebabs with Feta Sauce
FOR THE KEBABS
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest, plus 1/3 cup fresh lemon juice (from 4 lemons), plus 1 lemon, cut into 8 wedges
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons fresh oregano
- 1/2 boneless leg of lamb (3 1/2 pounds), cut into 1 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and cut into 24 pieces
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
FOR THE FETA SAUCE
- 3 ounces feta cheese, crumbled (1/2 cup)
- 4 ounces Greek yogurt (1/2 cup)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
Make the kebabs: Combine oil, zest and juice, garlic, oregano, and lamb in a nonreactive dish; refrigerate for 30 minutes.
Meanwhile, make the feta sauce: Pulse all ingredients in a food processor until very smooth. Refrigerate.
Heat grill to medium-high. Thread lamb and cucumbers onto 8 metal skewers; finish each with a lemon wedge. Season with salt and pepper. Grill 10 to 12 minutes for medium-rare, flipping halfway through. Serve with sauce.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2010