Ginger Chicken with Peaches and Onion
The frozen peaches go straight into the oven without thawing; cooked with onions, ginger, and chicken, they turn into a flavorful compote.
- 1 bag (1 pound) frozen peaches, unthawed
- 2 red onions, halved and sliced 1/4 inch thick
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons grated fresh ginger
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon toasted sesame oil
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 4 bone-in skin-on chicken breast halves, (10 to 12 ounces each)
- Cooked white rice, for serving
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Place peaches and onions on a large rimmed baking sheet; season with salt and pepper. Sprinkle with ginger, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, sesame oil, and red-pepper flakes; toss to coat.
Rub chicken with remaining teaspoon vegetable oil; season with salt and pepper. Arrange chicken skin side up among peaches and onions.
Roast until chicken is opaque throughout and registers 160 degrees on an instant-read thermometer inserted in thickest part of breast (avoiding bone), 25 to 30 minutes. Serve chicken with white rice, peaches, and onions.
SourceEveryday Food, December 2005