Tex-Mex Chopped Salad
This quick and easy salad is perfect for outdoor parties.
- Servings: 12
Source: Martha Stewart Kids, Spring 2002
- 1 15-ounce can black beans or pinto beans, drained and rinsed
- 2 cups cooked corn kernels (about 4 ears or 1 ten-ounce package frozen)
- 2 cups coarsely chopped iceberg lettuce (about 1/4 head)
- 1 cup coarsely chopped plum tomato (about 2 tomatoes)
- 1 cup finely chopped Monterey Jack cheese
- 2 tablespoons freshly squeezed lime juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
In a large bowl, combine beans, corn, lettuce, tomato, and cheese; toss well to combine. Add lime juice and oil, and season with salt and pepper. Toss again to combine. Serve, or cover and refrigerate.