- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 4 cups finely chopped onions
- 3 cups finely chopped celery
- 2 cups finely chopped carrots
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped thyme
- 1 tablespoon freshly chopped sage
- 10 cups 1/2-inch cubes day-old baguette or ciabatta bread
- 4 cups (about 120) shucked oysters, liquid reserved
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 1/2 cups Turkey Stock
- 4 teaspoons freshly ground black pepper
- 3 teaspoons coarse salt
Melt butter and olive oil in a large skillet over low heat. Add garlic and cook, stirring, for 2 minutes. Add onions, celery, and carrots; cook, stirring, for 15 minutes. Add thyme and sage; cook, stirring, for 3 minutes more.
Place bread in a large bowl. Add vegetable mixture, parsley, oysters and their liquid, and turkey stock; season with salt and pepper. Mix to combine. Keep at room temperature until ready to use.