Grilled Corn, Heirloom Tomato, Avocado, and Arugula Salad
The flavors of summer come together wonderfully in this savory salad recipe.Also try: Broiled Lobster
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 to 8 ears sweet corn, husks removed
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 pound baby heirloom tomatoes, halved
- 1/2 bunch cilantro, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and finely chopped
- 4 cups arugula
- Juice of 2 limes
- 3 tablespoons red-wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for drizzling
- 2 avocados, pitted, peeled, and sliced
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Prepare an ice-water bath; set aside. Add corn to boiling water and cook, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and immediately transfer to ice-water bath. Drain and pat dry.
Preheat a grill pan over medium-high heat. Brush corn with olive oil and season with salt and pepper; cook, turning, until lightly charred on all sides, 2 to 3 minutes per side.
Let corn cool slightly; cut kernels from cobs. Transfer corn to a large bowl, along with tomatoes, cilantro, jalapeno, arugula, lime juice, red-wine vinegar, and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Toss to combine.
Transfer corn mixture to a serving platter and arrange avocado slices around salad; season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil before serving.