Carrots with Shallots
- Servings: 8
- 1 teaspoon coarse salt, plus more for water
- 2 pounds carrots, peeled and cut crosswise on the diagonal into 1-inch pieces
- 4 tablespoons (1/2 stick) unsalted butter
- 4 large shallots (about 1 cup), thinly sliced into rings
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 tablespoons Dijon mustard
Bring a medium saucepan of water to a boil and add salt. Add carrots, and cook until tender, 10 to 15 minutes. Drain well; set aside.
Melt butter in a medium skillet over medium-high heat. Add shallots, and cook, stirring occasionally, until beginning to brown, 2 or 3 minutes. Stir in honey, mustard, and salt. Add carrots, and cook until heated through.