Shrimp and Scallion Stir-Fry
Stir-frying is a smart shortcut to a healthy dinner in 20 minutes or less.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, January/February 2010
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 pound large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- 2 bunches scallions, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt
- Cooked rice, for serving
Heat a large skillet or wok over high until hot. Add oil and swirl to coat skillet. Add shrimp and stir until almost entirely pink, 1 to 2 minutes. Add garlic and red-pepper flakes and stir until fragrant, 30 seconds. Add scallions and stir until bright green, about 1 minute. Add lemon juice and 2 tablespoons water. Cook, scraping up any browned bits from skillet, about 1 minute. Season with salt and serve over rice.