Under 30 Minutes
Black-Eyed Pea Salad with Baby Greens
- 1 can (15 ounces) black-eyed peas, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced (3/4 cup)
- 1/2 large red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 tablespoon coarsely chopped cilantro
- 1 tablespoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 6 cups baby spinach
- 2 cups baby red mustard greens
In a large bowl, combine black-eyed peas with tomato, onion, garlic, cilantro, vinegar, mustard, and oil; gently toss to combine. Season with salt and pepper.
When ready to serve, combine spinach and mustard greens in a large salad bowl. Top with the bean salad, and gently toss to combine.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, October 2009