Tarragon leaves and pomegranate seeds add distinction to this tangy slaw.
- Servings: 4
Photography: Dana Gallagher
Source: Martha Stewart Living, February 1998
- 1 1/2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground pepper
- 3/4 pound endive, trimmed
- 1 red bell pepper, cored and trimmed
- 20 fresh tarragon leaves
- 1/3 cup fresh pomegranate seeds (about half a pomegranate)
In a small bowl, whisk together the vinegar and olive oil until smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
Cut endive lengthwise into 1/8- to 1/4-inch-wide pieces. Transfer to a medium bowl. Cut pepper lengthwise into 1/8-inch-wide pieces. Transfer to bowl with endive. Just before serving, toss endive mixture with reserved vinaigrette. Top with tarragon and pomegranate seeds.