Haricots Verts and Goat Cheese Salad with Almonds
- Servings: 6
Photography: GENTL & HYERS
Source: Martha Stewart Living, July
- 2 ounces whole almonds (about 1/2 cup)
- Coarse salt
- 1 1/2 pounds haricots verts, ends trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sherry vinegar
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- Freshly ground pepper
- 2 1/2 ounces fresh goat cheese, crumbled
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Spread almonds on a rimmed baking sheet, and place in oven. Toast until they are fragrant and golden, about 10 minutes. Remove from oven; let cool. Roughly chop; set aside.
Meanwhile, bring a stockpot of water to a boil, and add salt and haricots verts; cook until color brightens and beans are crisp-tender, about 4 minutes. Transfer to a baking sheet; let cool, about 5 minutes.
While still warm, toss beans in a serving bowl with vinegar and olive oil; season with salt and pepper. Add goat cheese, and stir to melt slightly and coat beans. Sprinkle with almonds, and serve.