Pili Pili Sauce
Be warned: This sauce is blisteringly hot. Seed the habaneros for a slightly milder version.
- Total Time:
- Yield: Makes 1 cup
Photography: Petrina Tinslay
Source: Martha Stewart Living, August 2010
- 3 ounces habanero chiles (10 to 15), seeded if desired
- 1 small onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 garlic clove, coarsely chopped
- 1/2 cup safflower or extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- Coarse salt
Pulse chiles, onion, and garlic in a food processor until chopped. Add oil, lemon juice, and 1/2 teaspoon salt; puree. Season with salt.