Arugula Pesto Snap Beans
Fresh spring snap beans are boiled and covered with flavorful arugula-almond pesto in this recipe from "Sara Foster's Southern Kitchen."
- Servings: 8
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, April 2011
- Pinch of coarse salt
- 2 pounds snap beans, stem ends removed
- 1/2 cup Sara Foster's Arugula Pesto
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 4 handfuls baby arugula (about 6 cups), washed and drained
- 1 cup (3 ounces) freshly grated or shredded Parmesan cheese
- Sea salt and freshly ground black pepper
Fill a large saucepan with water and bring to a boil over high heat. Add salt and return to a boil. Prepare an ice-water bath and set aside.
Add beans to boiling water and cook until bright in color and barely tender, 1 to 2 minutes. Drain and transfer to ice-water bath to cool. Drain and pat dry with a paper towel; transfer to refrigerator until chilled, up to 2 hours.
In a medium bowl, whisk together pesto and olive oil until well combined. Place beans in a large bowl, along with arugula and 1/2 cup cheese; season with salt and pepper to taste. Add pesto-olive oil mixture and gently stir just once to coat. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup cheese and serve at room temperature or store in an airtight container, refrigerated, until ready to serve, up to 1 day.