Under 30 Minutes
Green Herb Salsa
This salsa also works well as a sandwich spread or a base for tomato bruschetta. If you use a food processor, the sauce will have a thicker texture. This recipe is from reader Laura Metrick of Dania Beach, Florida.
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds, toasted
- 1 small garlic clove
- 1 cup fresh parsley leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves
- 1/2 cup fresh basil leaves
- 2/3 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1/8 teaspoon red-pepper flakes
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 2 teaspoons white-wine vinegar or white balsamic vinegar
Using a chef's knife (or food processor) finely chop almonds, garlic, and herbs. Stir (or blend) in oil and red-pepper flakes. Season with salt and pepper. (To store, refrigerate, up to 1 day.) Stir in vinegar just before serving.
SourceEveryday Food, June 2009