Under 30 Minutes
Shrimp Pasta Salad with Cucumber and Dill
Forget deli-style pasta salad, and try this version with shrimp and a bright lemon dressing. You can even make it up to a day ahead.
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 3/4 pound large shell pasta
- 1 pound large peeled and deveined shrimp, tails on (if desired)
- 1 English cucumber, halved lengthwise and thinly sliced
- 1/2 cup roughly chopped dill
- 2 tablespoons light mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
In a large pot of boiling salted water, cook pasta until al dente. Add shrimp, and cook just until opaque throughout, about 30 seconds. Drain, and rinse with cold water to stop the cooking. Drain again.
Transfer pasta mixture to a bowl; toss with cucumber and dill. In another bowl, whisk together mayonnaise, oil, lemon juice, and Dijon; season with salt and pepper.
Add dressing to pasta mixture, and toss to combine.
SourceEveryday Food, March 2009