Emeril's Lemon-Herb Grilled Shrimp
This shrimp recipe from Emeril Legasse is super simple and comes together easily -- the lemon juice and herbs really put it over the top. Serve with corn on the cob, grilled vegetables, or a rice pilaf.
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, May 2009
- 1 1/2 pounds large unpeeled shrimp
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice (from 3 lemons)
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for grill
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
Using a pair of kitchen shears or a paring knife, cut through shell along the back of each shrimp. Devein shrimp, leaving shells on.
In a small bowl, combine lemon juice, oil, garlic, rosemary, thyme, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/2 teaspoon pepper. Reserve 6 tablespoons lemon mixture for serving. Place shrimp and remaining lemon mixture in a resealable plastic bag; seal bag and shake to coat shrimp. Refrigerate 1 hour.
Heat grill or grill pan to high. Clean and oil grill. Remove shrimp from marinade, wiping off excess. Grill until opaque throughout, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Serve shrimp drizzled with reserved lemon mixture.