Pork Chops with Dandelion Greens
This great dinner recipe is courtesy of chef Joey Campanaro.
- 1/2 bulb fennel, trimmed and very thinly sliced crosswise
- 1/4 cup unseasoned rice-wine vinegar
- Four 14-ounce bone-in pork rib chops
- 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon fennel seeds
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- Coarse salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon curry powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon fine salt
- 1 bunch dandelion greens, trimmed
- 1 tablespoon sherry vinegar
In a medium bowl, mix together fennel and rice-wine vinegar. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. Place pork chops in a large bowl. Add 1/4 cup oil, fennel seeds, and garlic; toss to coat. Cover and refrigerate overnight.
Preheat a grill pan over high heat. In a small bowl, combine cayenne, curry, coriander, and fine salt. Remove pork from marinade and season with salt, pepper, and spice mixture. Place on grill pan, and cook until pork is firm to the touch, 6 to 8 minutes on each side.
Meanwhile, drain fennel; discard liquid. In a large bowl, toss together dandelion greens and fennel. In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and remaining 1/4 cup oil. Drizzle over the dandelion green-fennel mixture; toss to combine. Divide evenly among 4 plates.
Remove pork chops from grill, and serve alongside the dandelion green-fennel mixture.