Radicchio and Endive Salad
- Servings: 4
Source: Martha Stewart Living Television
- 3/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, coarsely chopped
- Coarse salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1 head radicchio, quartered lengthwise
- 2 heads Belgian endive, halved lengthwise
- 2 plum tomatoes, halved lengthwise
- 1 to 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Pinch of sugar
Heat a grill pan over high heat. In a small bowl combine 1/2 cup oil, the garlic, a pinch of salt, and pepper. Brush vegetables with garlic oil. Place, cut side down, on grill and season with salt and pepper. Cook until well marked and slightly charred, 4 to 8 minutes per side.
Meanwhile, whisk together remaining 1/4 cup oil, the vinegar, and sugar to make a dressing. Transfer grilled vegetables to a platter and drizzle with dressing. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Serve immediately.