John Sierp's Crab Bruschetta
This crab bruschetta recipe is courtesy of John Sierp.
- 7 plum tomatoes, seeded and finely chopped
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons John Sierp's Garlic Oil
- 1 bunch fresh parsley leaves, chopped
- 10 fresh basil leaves, julienned
- Sea salt
- Freshly cracked black pepper
- 1 loaf Italian bread, sliced diagonally 1/4-inch thick
- 1/2 pound jumbo lump crab meat, picked over
- Old Bay seasoning, for garnish
In a medium bowl, stir together tomatoes, onion, garlic oil, parsley, basil, salt, and pepper. Refrigerate, covered, for at least 2 hours.
Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Lay bread slices in a single layer on a baking sheet; brush with olive oil. Bake until golden brown.
Spoon 1 tablespoon of tomato mixture onto bread; top with a piece of crab. Repeat with remaining bread slices. Season with Old Bay; serve immediately.