Marinated Chicken with Cucumber-Mint Salad
- Total Time:
- Servings: 4
Source: Everyday Food, September 2009
- 1 1/2 pounds chicken tenderloins
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons plus 2 teaspoons fresh lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Coarse salt and ground pepper
- 4 pieces pita bread
- 1 English cucumber, halved and thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup Greek or regular yogurt
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh mint leaves
In a large bowl, toss chicken tenderloins with garlic, cumin, 2 tablespoons lemon juice, and 2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil; season with coarse salt and ground pepper. Cover and refrigerate for later use.
Preheat oven or toaster oven to 350 degrees. Wrap pitas in foil. In a medium bowl, combine cucumber, yogurt, and lemon juice; season with salt and pepper.
In a large skillet, heat 1 tablespoon oil over medium-high. Add onion, season with salt and pepper, and cook until softened, about 5 minutes. In batches, add chicken and cook until browned, 2 to 4 minutes per side (adding 1 tablespoon oil for second batch).
Meanwhile, bake pitas until warm, about 5 minutes. Stir mint into cucumber salad. Serve chicken with pitas and salad.