- 1 pound mushrooms, preferably royal trumpet, cut lengthwise into 3/4-inch slices
- 3 ounces 1/4-inch-thick pancetta, cut into 1/4-inch-by-1-inch pieces
- 4 fresh or dried bay leaves
- 3 garlic cloves, smashed, or 2 green garlic, thinly sliced crosswise
- Pinch of red-pepper flakes
- 3 stems fresh rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- Fine sea salt and freshly ground pepper
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoon julienned lemon zest
Preheat oven to 500 degrees. Spread mushrooms on a rimmed baking sheet. Sprinkle with pancetta, bay leaves, garlic, red-pepper flakes, and rosemary. Drizzle with oil, and season with salt and pepper. Roast, rotating sheet halfway through, until golden brown around edges, about 20 minutes.
Spoon off excess fat. Add wine and stir. Roast until wine has almost evaporated, about 5 minutes more.
Toss with parsley and zest. Serve hot, warm, or at room temperature.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, May 2009