Pork Tenderloin Sandwiches
- Servings: 8
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- 1 1/2 teaspoons coarse salt
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano, crumbled
- 3/4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1/2 teaspoon freshly ground pepper
- 2 pork tenderloins (3/4 pound each)
- 2/3 cup balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons packed light-brown sugar
- 8 rolls (3-inches in diameter)
- 4 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 medium red onion, cut into thin rounds
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Lightly oil a 9-by-13-inch roasting pan. On a sheet of parchment paper, combine salt, oregano, coriander, and pepper. Working with one tenderloin at a time, roll to coat with spices. Transfer to prepared pan.
In a small saucepan, bring vinegar and sugar to a boil. Cook, stirring occasionally, until mixture is syrupy and reduced to 1/2 cup, about 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
Roast the pork for 5 minutes. Brush all over with 1/3 of the balsamic reduction. Roast 5 minutes more, and brush with remaining balsamic mixture. Roast until the temperature registers 155 degrees.on an instant-read thermometer, about 10 minutes more. Remove from pan. Let rest 10 minutes before slicing.
Split the rolls, and brush 1/2 teaspoon of the mustard over each side. Place meat on rolls and top with onion. Replace the tops, and serve immediately.