Fennel, Orange, and Olive Salad
Serve this fennel and olive salad alongside our potato and onion frittata for a delicious breakfast or brunch menu.
- Servings: 6
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, September 2006
- 2 heads fennel, halved lengthwise, cored and thinly sliced lengthwise, and 1 tablespoon roughly chopped fennel fronds
- 3 navel oranges
- 3/4 cup pitted kalamata olives, halved
- 1 tablespoon sherry-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon shallot, minced
- 3 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil
- Pinch of coarse salt
- Pinch of freshly ground pepper
Remove peel and pith from the oranges using a sharp paring knife. Working over a bowl to catch the juice, carefully cut between membranes, to remove segments. Squeeze remaining membrane to extract juice, reserving 1 tablespoon.
In a medium bowl, combine orange segments, fennel, fennel fronds, and olives; set aside.
In a small bowl, whisk together reserved orange juice, vinegar, shallot, oil, salt, and pepper. Drizzle over salad, tossing gently to combine. Serve immediately.