Garganelli con Proscuitto, Radicchio, e Panna
Try this pasta with savory prosciutto and a buttery sauce for an easy weeknight meal. The recipe comes from chef Michael White.
- 1 pound fresh or dried garganelli or penne rigate
- 1 1/2 to 2 cups heavy cream
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1/2 pound thinly sliced proscuitto di Parma, julienned
- 1 cup loosely packed radicchio
- Coarse salt
- 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat. Add pasta and cook, until almost al dente, 3 to 4 minutes for fresh pasta, and 10 to 11 minutes for dried. Drain and set aside.
In a large, heavy-bottomed saucepan, add cream and bring to a simmer over medium heat. Add butter and cook until melted. Add prosciutto, radicchio, and cooked pasta to saucepan. Increase heat to high and cook, shaking saucepan to avoid sticking, until pasta is coated; season with salt.
Add cheese; toss to combine. Serve immediately.
SourceThe Martha Stewart Show, October 2010