Pear Pecan Toasts
- 10 ounces Roquefort cheese
- 5 tablespoons heavy cream
- 15 slices white sandwich bread, crusts removed
- 2 Bartlett pears, thinly sliced into wedges
- 1/3 cup pecan halves, thinly sliced crosswise
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine cheese and heavy cream. Using a fork or wooden spoon, combine until mixture is soft enough to spread but not too runny; set aside.
Cut bread in half crosswise, making fingers that are about 3 by 1 1/2 inches. Transfer bread fingers to a baking sheet; toast in oven until light golden on each side, 10 to 15 minutes. Remove from oven.
Spread 1 heaping teaspoon cheese mixture on each bread finger. Top with a pear slice; garnish with pecan slices. Serve at room temperature.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, December/January 1999/2000