Curried Potato Salad
- 3 pounds baby white potatoes, scrubbed
- 1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons white-wine vinegar
- 5 large eggs
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons Homemade Mayonnaise Homemade Mayonnaise, or prepared
- 3 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced into slivers
- 1/4 cup fresh cilantro, finely chopped
Place potatoes in a large pot with enough water to cover by several inches. Bring to a boil over high heat, add 1 tablespoon salt, and reduce to a gentle boil. Cook until potatoes are tender when pierced with a knife, 15 to 20 minutes. Drain into a colander. Using gloves or paper towels to protect your hands, cut potatoes into wedges while still hot. Drizzle with vinegar, and set aside to cool.
Place eggs in a small pan with enough water to cover by 1 inch, and place over medium-high heat. When water comes to a boil, turn off heat, cover, and let stand for 13 minutes. Drain, and place in a bowl with cold water to cover. When cold, peel hard-boiled eggs, and cut into quarters lengthwise.
Place mayonnaise, curry powder, and remaining teaspoon salt in a large bowl; whisk to combine. Add potatoes to mayonnaise mixture. Add eggs, onion, and cilantro. Stir to combine. Chill until ready to serve.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2000