Pizza of Roasted Cod Spiked with Chorizo, Tomatoes, and Mushrooms
This irresistible recipe for pizza of roasted cod spiked with chorizo, tomatoes, and mushrooms is courtesy of chef Eric Ripert.
- Servings: 4
Source: The Martha Stewart Show, January Winter 2007
- 6 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus more for parchment paper
- 1 whole cod fillet (3 pounds), thin tail section removed
- Fine sea salt
- Freshly ground white pepper
- 1 teaspoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 2 teaspoons chopped fresh thyme
- 2 ounces dry chorizo, quartered lengthwise and cut into very thin slices
- 2 plum tomatoes, quartered lengthwise and cut crosswise into thin slices
- 5 button mushrooms, stemmed, cleaned, and thinly sliced
- 3 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
- Cayenne pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh Italian parsley
- 2 scallions, trimmed and very thinly sliced crosswise, white and light-green parts only
- 1 lemon, cut in half
- 1/4 cup store-bought clam juice
Preheat oven to 450 degrees. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and brush with oil.
Place cod on baking sheet and season with salt and pepper. Place chorizo, tomatoes, and mushrooms in alternating rows across the fish until completely covered. Top with garlic and sprinkle generously with cayenne. Sprinkle rosemary, thyme, parsley, and scallions over the fillet; season with salt.
Drizzle fish with 6 tablespoons olive oil. Roast, occasionally spooning accumulated oil over the fish, about 5 minutes. Rotate baking sheet, and pour clam juice over cod. Continue roasting until a metal skewer inserted into the fish for 5 seconds goes in easily and feels hot when touched to your lip, 5 to 6 minutes.
To serve, spoon any accumulated oil over the fish. Squeeze lemon over fish. Lift parchment paper on one side and gently slide fish onto a hot serving platter.