- Yield: Makes about 2 quarts
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup honey
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 vanilla bean, split and scraped, pod reserved for another use
- 2 whole eggs
- 1/4 cup glucose or corn syrup
- 1 quart whole-milk yogurt
In a medium saucepan combine sugar, honey, lemon juice, and vanilla seeds. Bring to a boil, stirring, until the sugar dissolves.
In the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with the whisk attachment, beat the eggs until light and fluffy. Gradually add the sugar syrup, beating until combined. Beat in the glucose. Remove bowl from machine. Whisk in yogurt by hand.
Freeze in ice-cream maker, following manufacturer's instructions. Transfer to a loaf pan, and cover with plastic wrap. Freeze for at least 4 hours until firm.