Red Bliss Potato Salad with Blue Cheese, Bacon, and Chives
Reminiscent of baked potatoes topped with bacon and chives, this side dish envelops vibrant red potatoes in a tangy blue cheese and buttermilk dressing.
- 1 1/2 pounds Red Bliss potatoes
- 3 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1 1/2 ounces Danish blue cheese, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 cup buttermilk
- 1 teaspoon red-wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh chives, plus 1 teaspoon for garnish
- 8 bacon strips, cooked until crisp and crumbled
Place potatoes and the salt in a medium saucepan. Cover with water, and bring to a simmer. Cook until a knife pierces through potatoes with little resistance, about 12 minutes. Drain, and let cool slightly. Halve potatoes.
Meanwhile, mix blue cheese, buttermilk, vinegar, and mustard in a bowl until well combined.
Combine potatoes, dressing, chives, and almost all of the bacon in a large bowl. Garnish with blue cheese, chives, and remaining bacon.
SourceMartha Stewart Living, June 2008